Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bring It On


Okay, I'm ready for summer. Finally. After preschool graduation a couple of weeks ago, I cleaned out the preschool room - it looks like a theater room now! Anyway, after that I got motivated to clean the rest of my house. You know, things that I probably should do more often but usually only get around to doing maybe once a year, if I'm lucky. Like cleaning my fuzzy blinds. And fuzzy baseboards. And dusting inside my curio. Things that no one else may even notice - but it's amazing how even though the room may not look any different than before, to me it just feels good and seems to sparkle (in my eyes anyway.)

So I've been taking a couple of rooms every day and "heavy duty" cleaning everywhere - top to bottom, inside and out. It has felt good. There might be some people who think I like to clean. It's true that I love the result of a clean house. But cleaning is hard work, and it's pretty boring too. I can easily overlook dusty blinds and a sticky floor and delve into organizing a closet or drawer. For some weird reason, I get a "high" out of organizing and dejunking. But it's the actual cleaning part that I don't like. But having preschool end and having summer around the corner has motivated me to "get 'er done." That way, maybe I won't feel guilty when I'm playing and relaxing - after all, isn't that what summer is for?! Oh sure, there will still be things to clean and projects to do, and the girls will definitely have household things to do, but now that the big stuff is done and out of the way, I'll be more likely to sip lemonade and read a book! Ahhhhh.... Oh wait. I've still got to clean out the garage. Dang.

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Cleaning is never done! Once you are done with the garage...there will be something else. It is an amazing feeling to have something organized, and know you did it. Thanks for the motivation for cleaning the blinds...something I just hate to do. But the thought of lemonade and a book is too tempting!