Friday, June 10, 2011

"I'm Bored Basket"

Just before school ended, I created an "I'm Bored Basket." Aside from the girls' craft drawers, I filled a basket with things I've clipped out of magazines over the years - things I thought would be fun to do someday. And isn't summer a perfect time for those "Someday Projects?" It's filled with project ideas like painted rocks, flower fairies, clay creatures, art projects, yard games, magic tricks, puppet show ideas, jewelry projects, etc. I also filled it with And I also listed fun websites (check out www.thetoymaker.com) and included a list of fun places to go. So I guess now I'm prepared. Whenever I hear "Mommmm, I'm bored!" I can point to the "I'm Bored Basket" and they can figure out something fun to do. (P.S. I also created one for me - all those fun "Someday Projects" that I haven't found time for yet. While the girls are busy doing something from their basket, maybe I can do something from mine!)

No comments: