'Twas our annual "Johnson Campout" this last week. We went to Sheep Creek Lake, which is near Flaming Gorge. We were minus a few this year (we missed you Mom, Ben, Jen & Boys - and Grandma and Grandma Betty!) but we still had fun - sleeping in, braving the wind, "fishing" (see below why there are quotations around that word), wilderness walks, campfires, huge "Chuck-A-Rama" style breakfasts (thanks Kerry!), marshmallow roasting, water bottle rocket launching, dirt-digging, playing and visiting, and a few trips to the sort-of nearby Red Canyon Lodge for ice/milk runs, gift shop browsing, feeding fish in the fish pond and having dinner in the restaurant. As I started posting pictures, I realized there were too many cute ones that I HAD to post. I probably should have figured out how to do one of those nifty slideshow things, but I'm too tired. So you'll just have to scroll through to see all the fun we had!

OUR CUTE LITTLE TENT TRAILER - I LOVE CAMPING BECAUSE OF IT!

SPENCER, KIERA & MAKENNA PLAYING ON KERRY'S BOAT TRAILER

KASIDEE & COUSIN JORDYN COULDN'T GET ENOUGH HUGGIN'

SWEET MAKENNA


A CROWN OF WILDFLOWERS

MAKENNA FELL ASLEEP IN HER CHAIR (notice the dirt around her eye and the whitish-pink calamine lotion on her cheek for her bee sting - pretty colorful face!)

ROW, ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT!

ROWING CAN MAKE YOU TIRED!

QUENTIN LET THE GIRLS "CATCH" A RUBBER FISHING LURE - THEY LOVED IT!!


DINING IN STYLE AT THE RED CANYON LODGE RESTAURANT (Thanks, Aaron and Lisa!)


CUTE, DIRTY KIDS

KIERA'S DIRTY FEET
2 comments:
Looks like you made a lot of wonderful memories. Maybe we need to start an annual Stephens Campout? Glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear about all of it in person.
Great pictures!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful, safe trip!
I missed you all so much...
You've had a fun-filled couple of weeks!!!
Post a Comment