Saturday, August 16, 2008

More Fun







As a "last hurrah" for summer, we're trying to squeeze in a few more fun things before school starts. We wanted to take Kasidee on a mini-train ride on her birthday last week but they were closed. The website said they were open today, so we went - but they were having a family reunion and weren't taking "normal" customers. Ergh! The girls were SOOO disappointed (we all were!), so we had to come up with Plan B pretty quick. The Farmington Pool was going to close in an hour, so we decided to fill up our little kiddie pool in the backyard. I thought the girls would balk, but they started jumping up and down with excitement. Whew! So we filled up the pool, turned on the sprinkler, and the girls got out their umbrellas. While they were playing, Quentin and I worked on a surprise we had for them. About a week ago when I was at the recycling center, I noticed someone had dropped off one of those Little Tyke purple dinosaur sandbox things. We've debated all summer about getting one, but Quentin wanted to add it to his "to do" list to MAKE a sandbox instead. But I couldn't resist. This sandbox was in pretty good shape - and it was free! So I nabbed it. We got some pea gravel (a little less, well, sandy than sand!) and filled it up. The girls thought it was the neatest thing. They got out their buckets and shovels and began digging - and throwing in pennies and nickels to see if they could bury them and find them again! So it turned out to be a fun day after all!

No comments: