Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How Embarrassing!

Okay, I know someday Kasidee may not forgive me for posting these pics of her, but I just couldn't resist. Here's the story: Last Sunday after church, we visited my sweet Grandma Johnson in the hospital. We had just gotten home from our camping trip the night before and had taken EVERYTHING out of the van so we could wash and vacuum it on Monday. Anyway, I changed Kasidee's diaper right before we left, but when we got out of the car, the vinegary smell indicated that she had a really messy diaper. Since everything was out of the van, we had no diapers. What to do, what to do? We figured we wouldn't stay long and could get home in time for a fresh change. But she kept screaming and screaming in the hospital room. We figured hospitals are prepared for anything, so Quentin asked a nurse if they had a diaper they could spare. Since the nursery only had newborn-sized diapers, the nurse produced something wrapped up in a pink square and said, "Well, here's, um, this." A maxi-pad. Yup. After laughing our heads off, we decided desperate times call for desperate measures. So we cleaned her up and taped the maxi-pad to her. Amazingly, it worked. In fact, I was hesitant to take it off when we returned home - I wanted to see how long it lasted. Quentin made me take it off after 3 hours - but no leaks!


3 comments:

Mike said...

That's about the funniest thing I have ever read. Makes me want to try it (although our youngest is 4... I guess we could wait for the next baby).

The Stansbury Stephens said...

Too funny!

Katie said...

That is one BIG pad!