Thursday, August 14, 2008

Countdown


The pic doesn't have anything to do with what I'm going to write about - but isn't it a cute pic?! Anyway...so school starts in 11 days. I know most of you are jumping for joy, and in some ways I am - but mostly I am REALLY sad!! (I can't let on to my girls though!) Kiera will be gone from 8:45 till 3:25 - that's practically all day. And Makenna will be starting preschool 2 days a week. I'm looking forward to Kasidee-and-me time, but boy - it sure will be quiet! I have been absolutely amazed at how much fun Kiera and Makenna have had playing with each other this summer. They wake up, run to the toyroom and spend HOURS just playing with their dolls, or coloring, or whatever. It's hard to get them involved in anything else, but they just have so much fun together. It's fun to hear them in their "play talk." So Makenna's going to go through withdrawal when Kiera's in school. This time of year always gives me mixed emotions. Early Fall is probably my favorite time of year. But I also start getting a homesick-y feeling too (probably related to school jitters). I know my girls will have a blast at school. It's just hard letting them grow up!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Boy, I know what you mean. It's creeping up on us really quick. It will be weird having them gone again. But how on earth do you get your kids to just play with each other? We have gone through a terrible fighting phase! So, in that sense I'll be glad to have them separated from each other for a while.