Sunday, August 24, 2008

Treasure Hunt





It's our last day of "freedom" till school starts tomorrow. *Sigh* Yesterday we went to Lowes for their bi-monthly FREE building project. I can't believe how much the girls look forward to this and LOVE doing it! Yesterday they made a truck - how cool is that?! I'll tell ya - if you have kids, you gotta get over there. Check it out at www.lowesbuildandgrow.com. I've heard Home Depot does something once a month too. After that, we had lunch at Olive Garden then went on a few geocaches (another thing the girls LOVE - treasure hunts!) Check it out at www.geocaching.com. You can type in a location, it will give you coordinates to a "cache," then you follow your GPS unit - it will point you in the direction and guide you within feet of the "cache." (There are hundreds of thousands of caches all over the world!) When you find the hidden cache, you can open it up - inside is a dozen or so trinkets that you can choose from, then replace with one of your own. Kiera chose a coin from Seattle and Makenna chose a bubble necklace. You can also log your journey into a journal that is enclosed in the cache. It is so fun.

So tonight the back-to-school jitters have begun. Kiera's so excited, but she's afraid she'll have nightmares tonight. She's so sad she won't be in class with her BFF (I feel like a teenager writing that!) Sophie. But she's excited to have 3 (3!) recesses AND lunch with all of her friends. It will be an adventure!

2 comments:

Candi said...

I'm so bad about remembering to go to those kid classes! That's ok, though, because I REALLY don't have room for any more toys!!!

Guess what? We're going geocaching tomorrow night for FHE! That should be fun.

Sophie's bummed about not having Kiera in her class too, but she's looking forward to school tomorrow. She's a little more excited about school than I ever was. I guess that's a good thing.

Katie said...

I love geocaching! It's so fun! We should do it together something!