



Last year when I discovered that Kasidee would most likely be born VERY close to Makenna's birthday, I fretted and fretted. I wanted to make sure they each felt like they had their own special day. Well, their birthdays are the 7th and 9th - one day in between. And you know what? I think it's so fun to have a 3-day birthday celebration - our little family can celebrate together on the 7th and the 9th, and the 8th can be for a little party with family and friends!
So yesterday (the 7th) was Makenna's birthday celebration. Quentin took the day off and surprised the girls with some of their favorite cereals. Then Makenna got to open the gifts from us (Quentin got her a Barbie Wii game; Kiera gave her some My Little Ponies, and we also gave her a few games and a Strawberry Shortcake movie). In the afternoon, we visited Granny (my Mom) and Nana (my Grandma) - Nana had just gotten home from the hospital. Then later, we took Makenna to Cherry Hill. It has been her "lifelong dream" to go there. Grandma Stephens watched Kasidee for a few hours. We all had fun, but soon after we went down the waterslide for the first time, Makenna suddenly said she wanted to go home. We couldn't figure it out for awhile, but it finally came out - our fearless and feisty little Makenna was afraid of the dark parts in the waterslide ride. We all had fun though, and ended the night with dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (with Kasidee too)! Tonight will be another little celebration with a few family and friends - I'll have to blog about that too!









No comments:
Post a Comment