
I had a vivid dream last night that I've thought about all day today. I dreamt (dreamed?) that I looked out the window and saw a big wrecking ball in front of my front door. When I asked the person operating it what was up, he said, "Oh - didn't you get the notice from the City? We have to demolish your house." After much protesting, we realized it was to no avail. The wrecking ball guy was able to give us 12 hours to pack up our entire home and leave. I woke up with a heavy heart until I realized it was all just a crazy dream. But I've been thinking all day...I love our home! And not only just the house, but our neighborhood and the area as well! If we couldn't live here, where would we go? What would we do? I remember when we moved to Farmington nearly 9 years ago...I felt so far away and homesick. It took nearly a year for me to finally feel totally comfortable and "not homesick." 7 years later when we realized that we needed a new home, we knew where we wanted to be - we only moved about 2 miles south. We realized that South Farmington/North Centerville is where we want to raise our family. It is home. I guess that dream made me aware that I love my life right now - I love my family and our home. And I guess I'm so afraid of something taking that away. I've been thinking a lot about the "psychology of home" lately - how "home" means different things to different people (areas, floorplans, decorations, etc). But home is where our lives unfold. When I was little, my mom had a picture on our wall that said, "A house is made of bricks and stone; a home is made of love alone." Awwwww....









1 comment:
Totally know how you feel! Maybe that's why it just hasn't felt right to move yet!
Post a Comment