Friday, August 22, 2008

Misc. Stuff 'Cuz I'm Addicted to Blogging. . .

A few random things that I feel the need to document since I'm hoping to print my blog into a book by the end of the year (sorry to make y'all put up with it!)...

When we went to the County Fair last week, the girls weren't the only ones enthralled by the clowns who twisted balloons into animal shapes. I thought they were awesome and I figured I could learn a few tricks for my future in the clowning business! Anyway, the girls and I got some books at the library, some balloons at Zurchers...and then we made Quentin figure it out! Here's his first "balloon sculpture" - can you tell it's a black hummingbird?? Well, I'm impressed!



Quentin was lucky enough to have the day off again today, so we took the girls swimming. 'Tis the last "real" day till school starts on Monday. Kiera's SOOOO excited for school, but I'm sad - I'll really miss her being gone all day. And I'm dreading the "sitting down and doing homework" thing, plus I'll miss the "whatever" schedule we've gotten so used to. Oh well. It will be good to have a "real" schedule and new goals - for me it's like a New Year!




Inspired by Nikki's recent post as well as a couple websites I've perused this week (www.laptoplunches.com and http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com), I LOVE the idea of posting what we're having for dinner!! I love seeing foods and recipes that other people post on their websites, so why shouldn't I do it too? :0) Many of mt friends have wondered what we (as vegetarians) eat - so maybe every once in awhile I'll show ya! Tonight we had brushetta (sp?) - simple and yummy!! I take rolls and cut them in half, put them under the broiler for a couple minutes to toast them a bit, then top them with tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, a pinch of salt, and fresh basil. (I took the girls to the Farmer's Market last night while Quentin helped his sister and brother-in-law move into their first house; a cute little farmer tempted me with fresh basil and my mouth started watering. There's nothing like fresh basil!) Oh yum!


Again, inspired by someone else's blog (this time from Quentin's niece Jamie), Quentin took this picture of my grandma's hand, my mom's hand, my hand, and my 3 girls' hands. I love what Jamie said about her picture: "Much love, caring, soothing and hard work is held in this picture. It is so neat to see the beauty of a young hand, turned to a beautiful, wrinkled, aged hand. How lucky I am to have wonderful hands to follow!" What a neat idea, Jamie - you inspired me to have a picture like that of my own! Thank you!


Last but not least, Quentin and I got a VERY exciting phone call this evening from my cousin Aaron - he and his wife Lisa are expecting their first baby in February! Yahoo!!! We're SO happy for them - they'll be AWESOME parents! Yay!!

1 comment:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I wish we'd made it to the Farmington pool this year. Maybe next year, huh ;) Looks like fun! I like your hummingbird too. Very cute!