
The girls and I had an unexpected "day off" today! I was planning on going on a field trip with Kiera's class this morning. My mom (who is soooo incredibly nice to watch Makenna and Kasidee every Wednesday afternoon while I teach preschool) offered to come early and stay with Kasidee while I went. But about 30 minutes before school started, I found out that the field trip was cancelled due to "inclement weather." I called my mom but she was already halfway to our house. So guess what I decided to do? I asked the girls if they would like to stay home from school and take Granny out to breakfast!! I emphasized that school is important and that we can't just take a day off any old time just because we feel like it. But I felt okay about letting them stay home - I think they have only been home sick maybe one day this whole school year. And I remember my mom used to let me take a "Just Because" day off sometimes. And that made lots of fun memories! So it ended up being a fun day after all! (Oh, and thanks Mom for always going with the flow and going with our crazy whims!)









3 comments:
I love just because days! They are just good for everyone once in a while, and I don't think it hurts at all!
Those are the best. I love it because it's like a sick day, but no throwing up! And we actually get to enjoy it.
It was a perfect day!
Thanks for breakfast and helping
bake cookies and LOTS of hugs!!!
There is NO place I would rather be than with YOU!!!!
Post a Comment