Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week In Review

Just a few random things to catch up on....

Last Saturday our niece Marina was baptized!! We're so proud of her and her decision, and it makes us even more excited for Kiera in her upcoming baptism!

KIERA, GREAT-GRANDMA STEPHENS AND MARINA

KASIDEE WITH GREAT-GRANDMA STEPHENS



This morning Kasidee and I joined a few neighborhood friends for a tour of the Bountiful Fire Station. Even though I've had a fire station tour about 3 or 4 times with different preschool groups, it was fun to see it through new eyes and watch how amazed the kids were who had never been there before!

FRIENDS AT THE FIRE STATION



In other random "news," we gave the girls a wireless thermometer as one of their Valentine's Day gifts (weird, I know). Kiera has really gotten interested in science this year at school and we're always on the lookout for things to promote her interests! I've seen different versions of these thermometers and have always thought they were kind of neat, but when I saw a version that displays the current time, indoor temperature, outdoor temperature and high and low of the day - plus a little girl that "dresses" for the weather (shorts and a tank top in hot weather, hat and scarf in cold weather, and about 4 other outfits in between), I thought that was way cool. The girls have loved watching it and making notes and forecasts. So fun! (P.S. I couldn't find a picture of the version we have, but this is pretty similar - except ours is not as elaborate, it's pink and has a girl).




And finally, March is my spring cleaning month. It's a month that I usually feel motivated to get it done (the sun shines in a different way and highlights all my dust!), plus I am energized to finish it before yard work starts calling me. In years past I've tried to take a few days and cram it all in - get it all done at once. But with kids I've found that's impossible. So my goal for this year is to just take 2 rooms each Tuesday and Thursday (the days I usually don't have other commitments). Dust blinds, wash windows (inside), organize drawers and closets, "shop vac" the carpet corners, pull out and vacuum under furniture, dust baseboards, scrub tile, etc. etc. etc. Things no one would probably even notice, but things that make me feel good, knowing every square inch is clean and organized!! I made a "master list" of what each room requires and just check it off as I go. But I've found that if I take a few hours and just concentrate on 1 or 2 rooms at a time, it's not so overwhelming. And by the end of March, I'll be done! And then it will be time to focus on the garage, the shed, the yard.... Hmmm...it never ends, does it!?

No comments: