So Picture #1 - FAVORITE SHOES
I am not one of those women who love shoes and have a million different pairs of them. Since we take our shoes off when we are home, I am most comfy without shoes on. But if I have to wear them, I want something simple and something that can slip on and off easily. That's why I love sandals in the summer. But since it's snowing today, I took a picture of these. I call them my "clogs." They were actually on clearance at Walmart - and they're mens. (Don't tell anyone!) I love 'em because they're durable, simple, and (I think) chic!!

#2 KITCHEN SINK
I spend quite a bit of time here, so I'm glad I have a pretty view of the trees and backyard and swingset (which you can't see in the picture because it's snowing!)

#3 FAVORITE ROOM
What happens if you have, like, 7 favorite rooms? I like my kitchen because it's where everything happens. I like my family room because it's where we all hang out. I like the playroom because it's just so fun. I like my downstairs bathroom because we worked hard remodeling it and I like how it turned out. I like the living room because of the beautiful view of the mountain. I like the scrapbooking room because it's "my" room. I like the girls' rooms because they're theirs and there's just a sweet feeling when you go in them (especially if they're clean). And I like my room and bathroom because it's where I feel safe at night. Okay, so that's, like 10 rooms. Well, I love every room in my whole house. But if I had to pick a favorite "spot," it would be the reading bench in Kiera and Makenna's room. It's where the 4 of us cuddle up each night and read stories and it's where I read MY books while they're falling asleep. Ahhhh....

#4 WHAT ARE THE KIDS DOING RIGHT NOW?
After a couple of hours playing "Tinkerbell" together, I guess the girls got tired of each other. They're all doing their own thing at the moment:
Kiera is writing or drawing in her little notebook:

Makenna is playing in the water (of course). Apparently plastic butterflies like to swim!

Kasidee is playing "chi-chin" (or how she says "kitchen") She loves, loves, loves the kitchen set Santa brought.

#5 SELF PORTRAIT
This technically isn't a self portrait since Makenna took the picture. She even told me how to pose.

#6 YOUR BATHROOM
Can't see my shower or my jetted tub. But they're there. And my closet too.

#7 YOUR CLOSET
I'm still trying to decide if I want a door or a curtain on this closet. And see Kasidee's clothes hanging up on the right side? It's because Kiera and Makenna's clothes are in the closet in Kasidee's room because they don't have a closet in their room. So her clothes are in our closet. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Wait till they get to be teenagers and then Quentin will have to build them each their own closet!

#8 YOUR FRIDGE
Let's see...we've got milk, strawberry milk, and soymilk. Salad, blackberries, hummus, string cheese, wheat berries, almonds, leftover burritos, apples, carrots, celery, green peppers.... Oh, and some of the not-so-healthy stuff: root beer, chocolate syrup and fry sauce.

#9 YOUR LAUNDRY ROOM
It looks clean because all the dirty laundry is in the basket in the bottom cupboard. Today is one of my twice-weekly laundry days and I still haven't touched it. Yet. I'm too busy blogging!

So...who to tag? Well, I'd say anyone who would like to take a few minutes and document the "NOW" in your life. Come on, it's fun!









2 comments:
Awww... you're the best. Thanks Kellie! I didn't realize you were closet deprived. So sorry! Quentin better get on that...I don't think they'll wait until they are teenagers....wink, wink.
Loved your "Now"! My "now" is a mess...maybe I will do this on a "clean" day!
Post a Comment