Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mmm...Moroccan Stew


The pic above is not very flattering (blurry, not "plated" very prettily, etc.), but I wanted to share what we had for dinner tonight: Cumin-Scented Moroccan Stew. Yum. There's nothing like cumin. It's warm, fragrant, comforting. Mmm - my favorite spice. And when cumin is paired with garbanzo beans, lentils, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic and brown rice, well, it's almost heavenly. This cooler weather has really gotten me in the cooking mood. I've been going through my recipes, making my mouth water over Fall flavors - sweet potatoes, baked apples, pumpkin pancakes, butternut squash, stews...yum!

5 comments:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I just may have to try that one. I too am in a Fall cooking mood.

la-dawn@juno.com said...

You truly are MY daughter! That makes my mouth water.....Can't wait to start cooking again!
I love all those autumn smells and flavors!

Minetta said...

How about the recipe?!!! That actually sounds like something that may stay in the belly it a little longer than most meals without meat. We try not to eat a lot of meat but boy, I've been wanting a lot of meat lately because I got so bored of my veggie recipes. I'd love a new one (or twenty!).
P.S. I have just discovered cumin in the last 5 months and you're right, it's wonderful!

Jolene said...

Kelly,
I'm with Minetta. I would be interested in seeing some of your vegetarian recipes (maybe you could make it a weekly segment for those of us who are cooking impared or in a slump with our same old boring recipes).
One question- do you have trouble getting your girls to eat vegetables? I think the stew looks delicious, but my boys would look at that meal and rather go hungry.

Stephens Family said...

Jolene,
I haven't fooled my kids into liking vegetables. Actually, Makenna will eat anything but Kiera will only eat white flour and cheese. So dinners at our house usually consist of something really yummy for Quentin, Makenna and me and a peanut butter sandwich for Kiera!