Monday, September 8, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...



Well, I guess we (did I say WE?!) are the "proud" new owners of a 1991 Honda 4x4 Four-Wheeler. Hmmm. It all started back in May when we went to our niece's baptism up in Riverside (see my May 31st entry). Chris and Wendy have the perfect place for riding four-wheelers - they can go out their backyard and ride for miles. Plus, they all enjoy riding and all 6 of them have their own. But they let us take their four-wheelers for a spin when we were up there in May - and since then Quentin was obsessed. And when Quentin becomes obsessed, it doesn't end until he gets it. I have heard all about four-wheelers for 3 1/2 months. He's researched them a lot, finally found a good deal, and used his quarterly bonus for it. So there ya have it. He sweetly said if I had any reservations, he wouldn't get it. But how could I deprive him of something he's wanted HIS WHOLE LIFE (or at least the last 3 1/2 months)?! I'm nervous for lots of reasons, but oh well. The smile on his face was, well, priceless!

4 comments:

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I'm so sorry. I think our husbands are related ;). They don't give up do they? Even if you hated the idea you know it wouldn't matter. That's just the way it is. I'm sure it won't do any good to tell him not to go alone, but I hope for your sake he'll be careful.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. We rented 4 wheelers for a week vacation this summer and hope to own our own someday too. It was so fun. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Me - Jen said...

Wow a 4 wheeler!! Congrats on your new purchase. What fun for the girls. Memories!!! Watch you will be the one that like it the most after your very first adventure on it!!

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Hey....I finally figured out why Quentin's car is parked outside...
The 4-wheeler gets the garage???!!!
I want a ride!