Monday, September 22, 2008

Risotto Recipe

I guess I should have learned to post the recipe when I show a picture of what we had for dinner! I'm just never sure if anyone is interested in the recipe. Anyway, here's the recipe for the Risotto from one of my previous posts. You have to pretty much stand by the stove when cooking the risotto since you have to stir it pretty constantly, but oh - it is so worth the effort! Let me know if any of you try it!

1. Bring 6 cups of vegetable broth to a boil and keep simmering on the stove.
2. In another pot, saute 1 cup diced onion, 2 diced carrots and 3 stalks diced celery in 4 Tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add 2 cups risotto rice (arborio rice) and toss with vegetable/oil mixture.
4. Add one cup of hot broth to rice mixture. Stir constantly until liquid is absorbed.
5. Gradually stir in remaining broth, one cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup (total time is about 20 minutes).
6. Add 1 can corn (drained and rinsed), 1 can Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed) and 1 can sliced black olives (drained).
7. Season to taste with salt, pepper, cumin and/or garlic powder.

2 comments:

Minetta said...

That sounds yummy! Olives, not raisins! (What was I thinking?)
Thank you for the recipe! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! I was hoping you would post it!