Sunday, September 14, 2008

Maybe...

This evening as Makenna and I were making cookies, she began eating an apple as we waited for the cookies to finish baking. She came across a few apple seeds and asked if she planted them, if they’d turn into an apple tree. I said yes, then began explaining that there are different kinds of seeds that grow different things (like watermelon seeds and apple seeds might look similar, but they each grow different things). She nodded her head then said, “So chocolate must come from M&M seeds. . . .”

2 comments:

Candi said...

I so wish! Maybe tonight instead of downing that whole bag of M&M's I should have planted them. Ok, I did share with the family! But wouldn't that be nice? Maybe I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Minetta said...

That's really cute! Clever girl. If only it were true. If M&M's were seeds, (and usually seeds are more bitter than the fruit they come from), could you imagine what that "fruit" would taste like!!!??!