

Tonight I tried a new recipe for tortilla soup. I looooved the tortilla soup my cousin Mischelle made up camping, and I wanted to see how this recipe compared. It was good, but not as good as Mischelle's. So if anyone is interested in her recipe, you can check it out - her blog is listed in the right-hand column under "Mischelle" and it's on her January 11, 2008 entry. Her recipe has chicken in it, but she made a vegetarian version for me that had vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and kidney beans instead of chicken. Yum! For dessert, I tried a super-simple recipe for "Baked Apple Slices." You just slice up some apples, toss them with a little sugar and cinnamon and microwave them (I don't know why the recipe is called BAKED Apple Slices!) till they're tender, then add a little maple syrup. Yum. It tastes like apple pie filling, which is perfect since that's the only part I like in apple pie! Here's to Fall eating!









1 comment:
Looks yummy. Thanks for sharing!
Maybe they named it "Baked Apples" because it sounds better than "cooked apples" or "microwaved apples" but you could rename them and call them "waved apples" or go 80's and call them "new-waved apples"!
I wondered about a tortilla soup without the chicken...hmmm...might have to try that.
Post a Comment