Friday, January 27, 2012

Book Blizzard

I am a sucker for children's picture books. They're simple and sweet, and they just make me feel so good inside. There are millions of titles in print, but (in my opinion) there are only a few hundred that are "treasures."

The fourth grade classes at Kiera's school have been working on a "Book Blizzard" presentation that they did today. Each student was to choose a favorite children's book and present it to the school and to parents. They needed to do a poster representing their book and have at least 2 props to support it. They also needed to "show off" their chosen book and tell about their favorite part.

When Kiera got the assignment, she came home from school so excited and got to work - she knew exactly which book she wanted to do and how she wanted to present it! "Homework" is easy when it's fun!

Going to the Book Blizzard this morning was fun. The kids put a lot of thought into their presentations, and it was nice having something that was just for fun. It was great seeing what the kids' favorite books are (I think 5 of them chose one of those "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" books) and there are some I've never heard of that I want to check out. What a fun thing to do in January!

2 comments:

la-dawn@juno.com said...

Way to go, Kiera! Your display is great!!

Anonymous said...

It was cute. I loved that it was on children's books instead of 4th grade level books.
Super cute.