Saturday, January 21, 2012
Shepherd's Pie
One of my New Year's goals is to try new recipes. (My goal was 2 new recipes each week, but I've slacked off a bit.) But the other night I made Shepherd's Pie. Traditionally, this is not a vegetarian dish, but there is a tasty vegan version in the frozen food section made by Amy's. But I've never made it myself, so I challenged myself to do it. It really wasn't that hard (it only took about 20 minutes to prepare - mostly chopping veggies - and 30 minutes to bake.) The results were de-LISH! This is definitely something I will be adding to our repertoire of recipes. And the best thing is, you can add any combination of veggies, beans, legumes, etc. and top it with mashed potatoes. Mmmm...simplicity and comfort in a bowl!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment