Friday, July 22, 2011

What To Do With Zucchini

So...we planted 4 zucchini plants but only 2 grew. And out of those 2 plants, we are getting LOTS of zucchini. I've made 3 dozen zucchini bread "cupcakes," 1 zucchini bread loaf, put some in fajitas, put some in soup, and made an Italian zucchini/tomato/kidney bean casserole. And we still have 5 sitting on our counter, plus more waiting to be picked.

Besides giving them away, which we will, does anyone have any recipe ideas for this great veggie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky You!!!
We didn't get anything planted this year. I have a recipe for Fried Zucchini and a Zucchinicasserole.

Minetta said...

Zucchini and carrots! SOOOO yummy.
Heat olive oil in pan cook julienned carrots in it ('a little before crisp-tender), add minced garlic and julienned zucchini cook til crisp-tender. Salt a pepper to taste. MMMMMMmmmmm. (I don't julienne often so sliced into circles works "okay" too). It's best if you don't make them too soft.