Monday, July 18, 2011

Salt Lake

At least once every summer, we have a tradition of "Kicking Around in Salt Lake." It's something we all look forward to, and last Thursday was our first time this year. Since Quentin's office is right next to the fountains at Gateway, we met him for lunch - we had sandwiches in the shade next to the fountains. Then of course the girls wanted to play in the fountains. They played / laid on the warm bricks for about an hour. Then we went to the Salt Lake library and got oodles of books (my dad has a Salt Lake library card and lets us borrow it!)






Then we checked out a bakery that I've been hearing a lot about - City Cakes. It's not only a dang-good bakery, but a vegan one as well! Now, it's not that I'm necessarily against eggs or butter or milk in bakery products (and I'll still eat them!) but I've always been intrigued that yummy things can still be made without those things (and with other natural ingredients.) Whenever I bake, which is rare, I try to "veganize" the recipes. But it can be hard/expensive to do everything totally vegan. Anyway, the girls and I were excited to try this bakery. I had a to-die-for Lemon Blueberry Scone. Oh yum. And the girls had (which I tried too!) a chocolate-dipped peanut butter cookie, a snickerdoodle, and a ginger softie. Oh yum. I don't know why I didn't get any pictures! But I'm sure we'll be going back there sooooon!

After our yummy treat, we went to Sunflower Market then stopped by Mom's house to say hi to her and Grandma. The girls kept telling me, "This is the best day ever!"

No comments: