
I saw this on a display at the Exploratorium in San Francisco and had to share:
"Switching from beef and dairy to vegetarian meals just one day a week saves as much carbon pollution as driving 1160 fewer miles a year. One small change can make a big difference."
And can you imagine the impact that could be made with a vegan lifestyle? I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I've been vegetarian (and vegan-ish) for about 24 years. At that time, a vegetarian diet was most often considered weird or unhealthy or full of deprivation. But I have been thrilled to see a gradual shift in thinking and acceptance. Not only is a vegetarian lifestyle now generally accepted and appreciated, it is becoming revered as one of the healthiest diets one can have. Vegetarian meals are usually very flavorful, colorful, filling, and delish - and with the awesome benefit of being a more peaceful way of living. Kinder to animals; gentler on the earth. Living and eating with awareness and compassion.
I'm just sayin'! :)









2 comments:
You should post some of your favorite vegetarian recipes ... 'cause I honestly have no idea what to make that doesn't have meat in it!
Like! :)
Post a Comment