Monday, July 18, 2011

New Toy

So...Quentin came home from work the other day and saw our neighbor Scott mowing his lawn. Scott has a nice, new, professional riding lawn mower - but that day he was using a push mower instead. Quentin chatted with him a bit and asked him why he wasn't using his riding mower. Scott told him that he decided he needed a bit more exercise. Then all of a sudden Scott said, "Hey! I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I want to give you my old riding lawn mower. It's not the one I usually use, but one that I have in my shop that I haven't used in years. Would you want it?"

WHA?! Um...are you kidding? Quentin has often said that he doesn't mind mowing the lawn because it's good exercise. But every time he does it I feel bad. He's dripping with sweat and it takes him a LONG time - almost 2 hours to do the front and back, and that's without weed-eating. I guess that's because our yard is almost 1/2 acre and mostly grass. But lately Quentin has been eyeing our neighbors who have riding lawn mowers, saying how nice it would be if we could find a used riding mower for cheap.

And then our neighbor offers one to us. Of course Quentin was so excited - he said, "Well, yes - I'd love it! How much are you asking?" And the neighbor just wanted to give it to us. For free. How incredibly nice is that? (Maybe he was just trying to give us a hint that we need to mow our lawn more often!) Anyway, Quentin tried it out and loves it. Even the girls love going for rides on it! Anyway, check out our new toy (this is before Quentin and the girls gave it a "bath"):

No comments: