Sunday, October 24, 2010

Utah vs. BYU

Kiera hears a lot of talk from the boys in her class about which is better: Utah or BYU. Consequently, she asks lots of questions - which one IS better? Which one should she go to? Which one could she go to and still live at home? We keep stressing the point that the debate at school is more about football than education. We also talk about how there are lots of colleges to choose from, and that she should focus on learning and getting good grades - right now and in the future. Anyway, the other day she said, "Well, I guess they're both good schools unless they're BS-ing each other." My heart dropped. With quizzical looks, Quentin and I both said, "WHAT did you say?" And she repeated it - "I guess they're both good schools unless they're BS-ing each other. You know, if BYU is VS-ing Utah." Oh! VS, not BS, as in vs. (versus). Whew!

1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! We get our b's and v's mixed up too. But seriously, BYU is better....