Saturday, October 16, 2010

Broken Arm


So...our poor, sweet Makenna has a broken arm. We met the Johnson family at Island View Park this afternoon for a picnic to celebrate Mom's birthday. We were there only 5 or 10 minutes when Makenna biffed it on her rollerblades and started screaming. Makenna is the most dramatic one of our three girls, but we could tell something was wrong. We scooped her up, checked things out, then decided to take her to Instacare. After some Motrin, some x-rays, and a splint, she was feeling lots better. The doc said if she had to break her arm, this was the best kind of break she could have. It's a "buckle break" and cracked only one of the two bones in her forearm. She has a splint and a sling and will go to a sports medicene specialist this week to get it casted. Poor thing! Tonight she wanted to draw and was trying to do it with her left hand and got all frustrated that she couldn't draw. She said earlier that she won't be able to do her homework - Kiera said, "Well, you didn't break your EYES!"

I felt pretty calm throughout the whole day. But after she fell asleep in the car on the way home and I went to carry her in the house, I looked at her sweet, sleeping face and broke down. I hate it when my girls are sad or hurt! But she's feeling so much better now, and we'll get through it. I just love my Makenna so much!

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

So sorry to hear about her broken arm. :( Maren broke her arm last summer, it does give them a good story to tell their friends! I cried about it more than she did. Good luck!

Aim Aug said...

So sad! When Kay broke her femur it was so pathetic. At least she'll get a cool cast for all her friends to sign.