Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cast


We took Makenna to the sports medicene specialist this morning before school to get her "real" cast (as opposed to the splint the Instacare people put on Sunday). She chose an orange waterproof cast - orange for Halloween, and waterproof so she can still splash in the tub. I think she was feeling better about having this cast. It doesn't immobilize her elbow in a 90 degree angle like her splint did; she doesn't have to wear the sling; and she can begin to try to use her fingers in her right hand for writing and stuff. When we took her to her class about 20 minutes late, her teacher made a big deal about how cool it looks and had her show the whole class - I think Makenna liked the attention. Since this broken bone thing happened, Makenna has been quite embarrassed and insecure about what other people will think of her and her limitations. But as we dropped her off, her sweet, shy smile let me know that everything will be okay.

1 comment:

Aim Aug said...

Yeah! At least it's not forever. I remember being jealous in junior high because I had never broken anything and gotten a cast. Makenna, you are SO lucky!