

We had some excitement this afternoon, but not necessarily the kind of excitement we like to see. Makenna, Kasidee and I were hanging out this afternoon when we heard a police siren pretty close. We looked out the window to see a couple of police cars, an ambulence and a fire truck speed down our street. My heart started pounding. My first thought was that something had happened at the school. I quickly grabbed Makenna and Kasidee and put them in the car. But as soon as we pulled out of the driveway we could see that the emergency vehicles were just about 6 houses down the street. The scene was like a movie - neighbors bolting out of their houses and running down the street. I joined them and it took awhile for the word to get out about what was going on - an 18-month-old had stopped breathing and was found passed out in their crib. The girls and our neighbors and I hung out outside while Life Flight came and landed right on the street. About 30 minutes later EMTs brought out the baby on a stretcher and the helicopter took off. The scene quickly cleared. I don't know the family (they are in a different ward), but I haven't stopped thinking about them all day. You just never know what the day will bring - and life can change in an instant. I think I'll hold my little family a little tighter and closer tonight and thank my lucky stars.









7 comments:
Were you in the group in front of the house when I stopped there? CAn you believe it? Last I heard the baby was on total life support but that was a couple hours ago. Very sad. And crazy all the strange things that happen these days.
So scary! We had Life Flight land in that park behind the Shinnecock house two winters ago. Same thing...baby in the other ward had stopped breathing. So, so scary!
How scary! Which house was it? Was it my old ward?
It does look like our old ward. I hope the baby is ok.
Yes Katie and Mike. It is your old ward. It is the Barton family. Do you know them?
Katie and I know the Barton's really well. He and I served in the Young Men for years together. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. Very sad.
http://bartonfamilyco.blogspot.com/2010/03/just-this-once.html
This is the blog link to the babys aunt. I got it from another blog that I have been watching, whose family saw a miracle. Keep them in your prayers.
Post a Comment