


I know you've all been anxiously awaiting my next post, since I promised an update on how Quentin's birthday celebration went yesterday. It was, well, interesting to say the least. It started out okay - I made poppy seed muffins for breakfast (Quentin's favorite), we dropped Kiera off to school and then we took Kasidee in for a checkup at the dentist. When we got back, Mom came over to visit and Quentin got lots of phone calls. Then, just as we were about to leave to do something fun, we heard Kasidee screaming and Makenna had a horrified look on her face. Apparently Makenna and Kasidee were playing "doctor" and Makenna was checking Kasidee's ears with...a toothpick. Aahhhh! No blood, and the screaming soon stopped, but we called the doctor and couldn't get in for an hour. So we waited and worried, then took her in to the doctor (no damage, thank goodness, except to Makenna's little soul - she was terrified that she had hurt Kasidee). Then on to pick Kiera up from school. We were looking forward to finally having some fun. Quentin chose to go to Game Crazy and we spent over an hour there. I hate that place, but I have to admit it wasn't so bad yesterday. They had an awesome sale and we were able to save about $70 on some Wii games (plus while I was waiting I answered a survey that an old lady was doing and scored a $10 gift card to Game Crazy. Yahoo!) Then Quentin suggested we go to Gardner Village. I thought he was just saying that for me since I love that place, but he really wanted to go and look. So off to Gardner Village to browse at some stores and check out the little Elf displays they have. It was bitter cold, so we didn't stay too long. Then we hopped in the car, got french fries at McDonalds for the girls and went to Cafe Rio for some yummy dinner. When we got home, we planned on watching "Horton Hears a Who" but it was getting late and we decided to save it for another day. Whew!









2 comments:
Wow...what a day!
I'm glad I got to see my favorite son-in-law on his DAY!
I hope it was a wonderful day for someone who is so special and loved so much by so very many people!
Happy Day...Quentin!
Happy Birthday, Quentin! I'm glad Cassidy's ok. That sounded a little scary. Gardner Village looked fun; I think I'll try to take my kids down there during the break. We're gonna need lots of ideas to keep us busy.
Post a Comment