Monday, December 1, 2008

Mommy Paradox

The other night my sister-in-law and I went on a "date." It was a long-anticipated evening of no kids and adult conversation. We went to a play at the Hale Center Theater and then grabbed a bite to eat at Costa Vida. It was SOOOO nice to be able to "get away" for a little while. But I have to admit that as I was leaving my house and the girls' noses were pressed against the window, waving goodbye to me, I experienced what I call the "Mommy Paradox." So many times I think to myself, "Oh, I wish I could just have time to myself for once" - and then when I finally get that time to do what I want to do, I start missing my girls! Our "date" was great - it felt so nice to be free for just a little while and to have some good company. But nothing beats being home with my girls (and honey)!

2 comments:

Minetta said...

I hate it when that happens.

Minetta said...

Just to let you know I made the Risotto and I liked it a lot. I just undercooked the veggies and something went wrong with the rice so the texture wasn't the best, but the flavor was yummy! I will have to try again.