Monday, December 8, 2008

New Beds - Again



After nearly 2 years of thinking about it, and 3 months of waiting, we finally have new bunk beds. Yay! We've needed them for a long time but have been waiting for the right kind and the right price. Kiera has been using the bed I had as a little girl for quite awhile now, but Makenna had still been in her beloved little toddler bed - and has quickly outgrown it. When we originally looked at bunk beds, we thought that we could just use one of the beds for Makenna's "big girl" bed and save the bunk bed option for later - if we ever needed it. But the girls got too excited knowing they could have bunk beds. So we put them up and the girls love 'em. The only downside: they seem monstrous (but at least now there's room for a "reading corner.") And I have no clue how to make a top bunk bed without falling on my head. Oh well. I guess we'll figure that one out. Kiera and Makenna have been so excited about their new beds that they've happily made their beds every day. Wahoo! (P.S. As expected, Kiera got sad when Quentin took down her "old" bed - but she was comforted knowing it can "hang out" in the storage room with her old toddler bed. And one day Kasidee will use it!)

6 comments:

Candi said...

I still haven't figured out how to make the bed on a top bunk. Maybe that's why Sophie just sleeps on top of the comforter, and uses other quilts to sleep with. The beds look super cute!

Katie said...

We have ones just like those - except I bought them when they only sold brown and I had to paint them white! Not fun!

Me - Jen said...

We had bunk beds and the way I made the bed was to take the decorative quilt and cover the messy sheets. No one will ever see it. Adam got to the age where he could do it too!! Then we sold them and now we are sad!! Have you read the shack yet?

The Stansbury Stephens said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the reading corner. As far as making the top bunk...I finally gave up on a top sheet altogether for both upper and lower as my kids always pushed them to the bottom. Now we just fold the comforter in half so that it's about the size of a crib quilt and it's an easy make. I think when I buy new quilts I will sew ribbons on each end so that I can tie the sides together and then I'll just have to straighten that out instead of taking the whole thing off to fold it and then fixing it on the bed. I hope all of that makes sense. Oh, and as far as the bottom sheet goes...that's Corbin's job to put it back on after it's washed. It's so hard for me to get it on with the rails.

The Colby's said...

Remind me to never get bunk beds. I have a hard enough time with a crib and day bed. I can't imagine doing it 5 feet off the ground. How I make the day bed easier, is to buy a double bed comforter and tuck the back side all the way under the matteress. That holds the back in place, and all I have to do is pull it over the front and up a little - whalla - I'm done!

Jolene said...

Very cute bedding!! You fit in so well with your girls that I didn't even notice you were in the picture.