Thursday, December 4, 2008
Lunch with the Mayor
Okay, so I have to brag. Yesterday Kiera (along with only 5 other students from our school, one from each grade as well as the principal) got to get out of school and ride in a fire truck to the Farmington City Complex. There, they met a few students from other schools and had lunch with the Mayor of Farmington. Then they got to ride back to school in a police car. Cool, eh? Kiera was nominated by her teacher because (and I quote), "Kiera is kind to everyone, is respectful and polite to everyone, and is always willing to help others." Her teacher later emailed me and wrote, "I chose Kiera because of her kind, sensitive nature. Children are often noticed for grades and academics but I feel those who go out of their way to be kind and thoughtful to others should also be recognized. She is a wonderful little girl. You should be very proud of her." Oh, we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
I second that!
Way to go, Kiera! I'm so proud of you....
CONGRATULATIONS!
Wow what an accomplishment Kiera!! That is so awesome. Am I surprised? Not really because your parents are wonderful examples of all the things your were nominated for. They have taught you well Kiera!! THat is so exciting!!
Kiera, you are such a sweetheart! I love you to pieces. I miss you! Way to go, Kiera...you are always thinking of others. You're great! Love, Shlenae
That is so sweet! What a great experience for her!
That will be something she will remember for a long time. How fun to get to have all those experiences in one day!! Way to go Kiera!!
That's awesome!
Post a Comment