Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'll vote for you because...


We voted tonight. As we stood in the 30-minute long line at the library, we talked to the girls about the election. I asked Kiera if she knew who the candidates are. She said, "Well, I know John McCain. That's easy. The other one is... oh yeah. Rock Obama." When I asked her who she thought I should vote for and why, she said, "Definitely John McCain. His name is prettier. And it rhymes with candy cane." Enough said. Maybe I shouldn't worry about educating myself about candidates. After all, a pretty name is worth a lot!

2 comments:

Candi said...

That's so interesting -- the other day I was talking to Sophie about the candidates. They've learned a lot about them in school, so she was well aware of who they were, but we were looking at some stuff online and she called Obama "The Rock," and McCain she said was like a "cane" and she curled her finger to show me. I guess they're on the same page.

Jolene said...

I showed my husband this post and he couldn't stop laughing! I guess it's good we voted for the one that rhymes with candy cane because we are big fans of sugar (interestingly enough that is how I decide who I like in sports- if they have a good name, or if their uniform looks nice, not how they actually play).