Saturday, October 18, 2008

Adam's Vantage







This afternoon we decided to join Corbin & Nikki (and their 3 kids) and Eric & Mischelle (and their 2 kids) for a hike to "Adam's Vantage" in Fruit Heights. Quentin and Corbin had done the hike several years before and estimated it to be about a 45-minute hike. It took 4 hours round-trip. But I'm not complaining. It was fun. There were parts that were a little steep and rocky and there were times when the girls complained that they were too tired or too cold, but overall it was a great time. The leaves were golden and colorful and at the top we were rewarded with a beautiful waterfall. I've always liked to hike (as a kid I used to wake up early on Saturdays or Sundays so I could join my dad on a hike), and it seems the girls have developed a love of hiking (as well as anything outdoors). I'm amazed at how nimble they were, climbing up the mountain trail!

1 comment:

Katie said...

You're girls must be great hikers ... 'cause that's not an easy hike! Beautiful though!