
I was out of service for awhile today. Ever since I was just a kid, about 3 or 4 times a year I get what I call my "Weird Sickness." It comes without warning and wipes me out for usually an entire day. Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and at 1:00 in the morning I woke up in a sweat, feeling dizzy, my heart beating fast and my head pounding. And I threw up. 5 times in the night. Ugh. The thing is, my Weird Sickness comes out of nowhere and after I sleep and rest for the day, the next day it's like nothing even happened. Weird. It usually happens when I'm run down - I need my sleep, my food, and little stress. Otherwise it builds up and I get sick. Anyway, I was so upset this morning because I had a lot to do - help Kiera finish writing her talk, give the opening prayer in sacrament, do the rolls in Primary, help Kiera give her talk, sit with the CTR 5 class and do the Primary Presidency "thing" (thank goodness I didn't have Sharing Time today though). So yes, I had a lot to do, but if I even lifted up my head I got dizzy and needed to throw up. Sweet Quentin stepped in and saved the day. Without me even saying anything, he helped Kiera finish and practice her talk, fed and dressed all 3 girls, made piggy tails in Makenna's hair, changed Kasidee's diaper, called people to get a substitute for the opening prayer I was supposed to give, called the Primary President to let her know I was sick, packed up all 3 girls and took them to church, helped Kiera give her talk, got Kasidee to sleep, then brought the girls home after church and checked on me - and I slept sooooo good till they got home after 2:00. Now I'm feeling much better and I'm so grateful for my sweet Quentin. When we first got married, I was concerned that my parents would think that Quentin's sweetness was just for show - could he really be this nice and genuine all the time? Well, yes. He is so considerate of everyone's feelings and is always on the lookout for ways he can help. He really is this kind and his 4 girls are so blessed because of him. Kudos, Quentin!









2 comments:
Way to go Quinton! Next time I'm sick I'm calling you! ;)
I'm glad you're feeling better! I got to watch Kiera give her talk, and she did a great job! I bet you're not too sad about getting out of that prayer, though!
Post a Comment