
TRYING TO DECIDE...

NEW PLAYROOM WALL...

I've been project-antsy lately. Just in the mood for a good a project. And for the last few years, I've been obsessed about the color sage. I've "sprinkled" the color sage throughout my house but have felt like I needed more. (These two totally separate thoughts will eventually make sense). Our living room is painted a milk-chocolatey brown, which is really pretty but has seemed kind of dark to me. So after nearly a year of having paint chips taped to the wall, I decided I was ready for this project - to paint my living room sage. So yesterday I started. I primed 1 1/2 walls and painted 1 wall the sage color. And I don't think I like it. It seems too bright or something. I wanted a soft, soothing sage color but I think I picked the wrong one. I'm not good at things like that. So my walls are still sitting there - one sage one, 1/2 of a primed one, and 2 1/2 walls the original color. And I don't know what to do. Just go with it and finish painting the room? Change it back to the original color? Add some white to the paint can and lighten it up? Hmmm.... So in the meantime, I decided to try a different painting project that I've been considering for awhile - and use some of that sage paint. I've noticed in a few magazines (as well as on my friend Katie's blog) that you can paint a wall to look like grass. So cute! So I tried it out. In the girls' playroom, I took one big wall and went to work. Kiera was at school, Makenna was at preschool, and Kasidee was napping. And I finished it! The girls love it, and this may have given me the sage fix I needed as well as satisfied my need for a project!









3 comments:
Hey! Your grass wall turned out so cute!! Good job!!
I'd love to see the walls in person. The sage looks pretty light in the photo. But, you want in lighter? The playroom was fun before, and now....WOW! Good for you taking on a project. I love the feeling of bringing to life an idea and having it DONE!
I love, love, love the grass wall!
Want to paint my house???
Post a Comment