Friday, October 31, 2008
Halloween Week
I don't know about you, but it seems like instead of celebrating Halloween Day, we celebrate Halloween WEEK. Between school parties and school programs and Primary parties and community events, there's just so much to do before Halloween is even here. Yesterday I was running between Makenna's preschool program and setting up for the Primary party. After school we had the Primary "Trick or Treating for Food" party - where the kids dress up in their costumes and collect food around the neighborhood to give to those in need within our own ward. I'm amazed at the turnout and how much food was donated (4 trunk-fulls!) I didn't get any good pictures of the girls except this one of Kasidee, content riding in the wagon while we collected food. Kiera and Makenna were so hyped up and kept "do-si-doing" their friends, so all of my pictures of them were blurry. But check out the pic of a kid in our ward and his cousin, dressed up like McCain and Palin. I guess it's fun having Halloween Week. Last night my mom asked me to join her at Rodger's Memorial's play "Jekyll and Hyde" - that really set the spooky mood! I'll keep you posted on how today (the actual Halloween) goes - this morning Quentin and I gave the girls the "pink witch" mini Madame Alexander dolls from the McDonald's toys we bought over a month ago. They were so psyched and have been playing "witches" together all morning. Ahhh, simple pleasures!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
I agree with Halloween being dragged out over days, if not weeks. In some ways it is really fun, but I am definitely ready to move onto the next holiday (except I don't think I'm quite prepared for Christmas yet- especially with the weather still being so beautiful and mild).
Post a Comment