
The other night Quentin surprised me with a movie rental - "Bella." We thought it would be a run-of-the-mill romantic comedy (Quentin secretly likes chic flicks - lucky me!) But we were pleasantly surprised that it's a different kind of love story. It is profound. Seriously. It's got that film-festival "feel" and is kind of slow and a little confusing at first. But it's clean (no swearing or sex - wow) and it's very thought-provoking. It's a must-see for everyone. So go out and rent it! Then let me know what you think.
(P.S. This isn't a spoiler, but something I thought was cool. I guess the producers/actors were tired of making Hollywood movies with little substance. They wanted to produce a movie about something they truly believed in, and the movie "Bella" was born and has won many awards since. Bravo!)









3 comments:
Thanks for letting us know! It's always nice to watch a "clean" movie once in a while. They really should make more like these!
It sounds good. I am going to have to rent it. I actually have NEVER even heard of it, but then again that isn't saying much!!
I'm a little slow in posting this, but I took your suggestion and we rented this a few weeks ago. It was a great movie. I usually know right away if I'm going to like a movie or not, but since I had never even heard of this one it was great to have the recommendation. Thanks!
Post a Comment