Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kiera #10!

Our sweet Kiera is a decade old. Can you believe it? I certainly can't. It's bittersweet - I am loving watching her grow and develop into her own little self, but I hate that I can't keep time from standing still. But I guess that's how every parent feels.

Anyway, Kiera wanted an all-girl Lalaloopsy birthday party. We sent out the invitations,


and the party was on Saturday. 14 girls who colored Lalaloopsy pictures, made button/ribbon bracelets, and played "Pin the Tiara on Jewel Sparkles." Jewel Sparkles is one of the Lalaloopsies. (Just so you wouldn't wonder if it was something else!) Then Kiera opened presents and we had cake and ice cream. The girls were able to watch a little of the Lalaloopsy movie before their moms came to get them.


After the party, Quentin surprised our girls by suggesting their cousin Marina sleep over! They were all thrilled, and they had fun playing outside, playing Lalaloopsies (of course) and watching a movie before they fell asleep. In the morning we had pancakes, and the girls played until it was time to get ready for church. We all walked to church and Kiera was proud to show her cousin to her friends at church!

The next day, Monday, was Kiera's real birthday. Quentin had arranged to get the day off, and we offered to take her out of school and take her to lunch. Or we gave her the option of skipping the whole day from school. She really liked that idea - on one occasion...that Makenna could stay home too. Why not?! A birthday is a special day, and since Makenna and Kasidee have summer birthdays, they'll never have to go to school on their birthdays! So we all stayed home, slept in, opened presents, and went ice skating (Kiera's choice)! Then we met Mom and Grandma for lunch at Chuck A Rama (Kiera's choice), and we met Kiera's grandmas and aunts/uncles/cousins at the park to celebrate! Can't beat a 3-day birthday celebration!

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

I'm not even going to show my girls this post, they will be so bummed we couldn't be there. You did an amazing party!!! Wow! Pintrist, see!