Monday, May 14, 2012

Garden: Done

Whew. We finally got our garden in. Cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, pumpkins, zucchini, beets, eggplant, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes. Yum - I was hungry the whole time I was planting! Oh, and we have cilantro, basil, rosemary, oregano, and 2 kinds of chives. Heaven! I've always liked the idea of gardening but frankly I was intimidated and overwhelmed by it. I thought you had to be a scientist to figure out the right soil, the right plants, how to plant them and water them and take care of them. Last year was our first "real" gardening experience and you know what? It wasn't that hard. You plant a seed, throw dirt over it, water it and wait for the magic. Pretty much. It really is a little miracle, and it's amazing to see how wise our Creator is. Our little garden isn't very big - just right for us - but it's something I look forward to. It gives us family time together, teaches us little lessons, and feeds our tummies!

No comments: