Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swim!

Even though I grew up with an above-ground pool in the backyard and loved spending summer days and nights playing in the pool, as an adult I have to admit that I'm not a big swimming fan anymore. Sure, every once in awhile I get in the mood to relax by the water or even take a dip, but for the most part hanging out in the hot sun, sweating, and having to watch my kids like a hawk does not seem very relaxing or fun to me. And being in the direct sunlight and heat makes me tired. But of course my kids could swim every day. We've gone to the pool a couple of times this summer, we've filled up our little kiddie pool, and of course the girls have their swimming lessons. But Saturday, after a long morning of working hard on projects, Quentin suggested a well-deserved break at the pool. At the last minute, we decided to go to Layton Surf and Swim. I haven't been there since I was a kid - and it was fun! The girls were a little nervous about the waves, but once they started they really got into it. They loved riding the waves in the intertubes, or swimming into the waves or letting them splash into their legs in the shallow end. The waves only go on for 10 minutes, twice an hour. Then the water is calm and easy to swim in. It was a lot of fun, and we can't wait to go back!




No comments: