Friday, July 23, 2010

Free Day

Yesterday I woke up realizing that we had a free day ahead of us - no plans at all. I love days like that! I started feeling energized and motivated and began planning on cleaning out our guest room. The guest room (and garage) became the room where we shoved everything when Quentin was working on the theater/preschool room. And since we're planning on having out-of-town guests in a couple of weeks, it needs to be cleaned out and straightened up. I figured the girls and I could work together and get it done.

But that feeling didn't last long.

I told the girls that if they helped me, we could go to the library when we got done. Kiera asked if we could go to the "Big Library" (the Salt Lake Library, where my dad lets us borrow his library card.) I told her I was thinking of the Centerville library, but then I got excited about changing our plans. (In an instant, my focus changed from being productive to having fun - isn't that what summer is all about?)

So...we made plans for the afternoon, and meanwhile the girls' cousin called and invited them over to play. Even more fun! They played for a couple of hours there, and then in the afternoon, the girls and I went to Salt Lake and browsed at Zurchers (we have 2 birthdays coming up!), then met Quentin at the fountains at Gateway. The girls think it is so cool that Daddy's office is so close to the fountains - in fact, he walks right past them every day to get to and from his office. They played in the fountains for almost an hour while Quentin and I sweated (is that a word?) in the hot sun. Then we got cookies at Kodiak Cakes at Gateway. At Quentin's work party about a month ago, we had gotten certificates for 5 free cookies. They were yummy, but I'm glad they were free - those 5 free cookies would have cost almost 9 bucks - ouch! Then we all went to the Salt Lake library and checked out tons of books, then got dinner at Cafe Rio. Sometimes it's fun having a spontaneous day - especially if it gets you out of cleaning!!



MAKENNA AND KASIDEE WEREN'T QUITE AS BRAVE AS KIERA . . .


No comments: