QUENTIN'S FLOOR

HAVING FUN AT DADDY'S DESK!

THE BREAK ROOM

Just about a year ago, Fidelity moved to a brand-new building right by the Gateway. Quentin has wanted to show us his new office, but security is so tight that he couldn't even let his family come in. But today there was an open house for employee's families to see the new building. The girls thought it was so neat to see where Daddy goes every day! And I have to admit I was amazed. Architecturally speaking, the building was so cool!! There are neat angles everywhere, there's state-of-the-art equipment and sleek, modern furnishings. And I love the colors - fresh and peaceful: soft spring green, rust-orange, blues and yellows. It just doesn't seem like a normal, blah office building. It was energizing. I'm so proud of Quentin - he works hard and loves what he does. Just ask him a financial question, and his eyes start glistening as he talks and talks and talks. He eats this stuff up. And he just loves to help people. He's got the perfect job for him.
NEW BOOKS!
Along with the Open House, Fidelity also had it's annual Book Fair, an annual event where employee's kids each get to pick a few new books to take home. In year's past it has been held at Thanksgiving Point, Hogle Zoo, and Discovery Gateway. This year it was at the Rio Grande train depot at Gateway. The girls got some new books (Yay! I have a little obsession with children's books) as well as cookies and juice. Yum. They also had a professional storyteller there as well as a magician and clown that twisted balloons into little poodles and flowers and swords. The girls thought that was pretty neat.
DOGGIES FOR CHARITY
So, as if that wasn't enough fun for one day, we let the girls splash around in the Gateway fountains in the swimming suits. I wasn't sure who had more fun - the girls or Quentin! Then, we checked out Build-A-Bear and found out that today only they were letting people make a stuffed doggie for free to donate to one of three charities (the girls chose the one that gives the stuffed animals to kids who have cancer as well as their siblings). They had fun and it was a good lesson about giving!









3 comments:
What a fun week-end!
If I worked close to Gateway, I wouldn't have a paycheck.
Quentin's office looks beautiful!!!
Wow! What a fun-filled, jam-packed day! I think that's great that build-a-bear does the charity thing in such a way that you can participate and teach your kids.
Fancy office. I didn't realize they moved. I guess that is what happens when you live in Idaho. Beautiful office. Next time we go and play in the fountains we will have to buzz Quentin to come down and play with us. Awesome build a bear experience. You had an eventful day didn't you??
Post a Comment