

Happy Mother's Day (yesterday) to all of the wonderful women in my life! My girls (and my honey) sure made my day special! Quentin woke up and saw Kiera standing by my side of the bed, waiting for me to wake up. He suggested she let me rest a little longer, but soon she woke me up - she was too excited to give me her gifts. She said she had 3 Mother's Day gifts for me - the first was a card and something she had made at school. When I opened the package (she said she picked the yellow wrapping paper because she knows that's my favorite color), there was a beautiful flower pin that she had made out of clay and buttons. It is so precious and the look in her eyes of how proud and excited she was made it even more special. I wore it the whole day. Her second gift was breakfast in bed!! She had made it the night before and kept it in her drawer. It was a sandwich (fishy crackers in between 2 pieces of bread - the crackers had gotten soft and the bread had dried out, with carrots in the shape of an "M" on top) with a glass of water and a little flower in a cup of water. So sweet! Her third gift to me was...a BIG hug! I am just astounded at how sweet and thoughtful she is. And Makenna kept giving me hugs throughout the day and wished me a happy birthday. She kept asking why I didn't have a cake. And Quentin and the girls gave me a gorgeous hanging fuschia plant. They also made the cutest card, with the girls' feet in the shape of hearts. The feet pictures were all over the front of the card so they looked like little flowers. I can't tell you how creative Quentin is and how priceless that card is to me! After church (where the Primary sang a song to their moms), we met my sweet Mom and Grandma at the park for a picnic. Kerry, Joey, Mischelle, Spencer and Jordyn joined us too. It was so nice to enjoy the nice weather and fun company! I just love being with my mom. She is so amazing to me. She is my best friend, my comfort, my hero. She is the most thoughtful and selfless person I know. She's always thinking of others. I love her so much! Happy Mother's Day everyone!









2 comments:
What a sweet little girl. I am so glad you had a wonderful day. You are a great mom and deserve it. I am sad we missed out on the celebration with everyone.
It WAS a wonderful day!
The girls are so thoughtful and fun!
Thank you for your generous comments, Kel....
I love you so very much....and having 3 wonderful grand girls just triples that love!
Post a Comment