It's been a busy week and I've been feeling sort of guilty for having lots of things to do without them. I know it's probably good for them, but I've been spending a lot of time away from home and away from them - and I've sure missed them!
Friday night, Quentin and I went to a play and had his mom watch the girls for over 3 hours. Saturday I was gone to a far-away funeral (Quentin stayed with the girls) from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and then came home and went to a bishopric social till past 10:00 pm. Sunday after church I had a Young Women's Board meeting for a couple of hours. Last night I went to Book Club from 8:00 to almost midnight (yikes!), and tonight Quentin and I will take a class for a couple of hours.
Like I said, I know it's good for Quentin and the girls to be together. But I figured in the last week, I spent about 24 hours away from either Quentin and the girls or just the girls (and that's not including the girls' school and being apart at church, etc.) That's a long time, and I've really missed them.
So...imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning with a sign on my bedroom door that said, "My wife Kellie is...." and over 100 "dots" on the floor all over my house! The dots said different things like "special," "considerate," "beautiful," etc. Then at the door to the garage there was a note that said, "You are everything to me, my Kellie!" and 3 little notes from the girls! I think I could literally feel my heart melting! I've been out gallavanting this week, feeling guilty for "ditching" them, and they took so much time to let me know much they love me. Wow - I am blessed!













3 comments:
Wow, Quentin. Way to put everywhere to shame! Good job!
Kellie-that is the cutest thing ever! What a sweet husband, you are both so lucky to have each other!
I always told you, "If you don't marry him, I will adopt him."
I knew he was a "keeper" the day I met him. Quentin, I love you for being such a wonderful husband and daddy to "your girls."
Post a Comment