Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preschool

So...I just finished my third week of teaching preschool (this is my third year of teaching.) Can I just say how much I love it?! Sure, there are days when I can think of something I might rather be doing and of course there are days when I feel like a horrible teacher. But overwhelmingly IT IS SO FUN! I think 3- and 4-year-olds are so cute and so fun - they're so sweet and they just crack me up. I love their curiosity and sweetness. They're just fun to be around!

I've told people before that I wasn't looking for a career when I go into this, and I wasn't needing to do this for the money. It was just an opportunity that sort of presented itself and I wanted to make it work. I've had so much support from my family (especially Quentin, who shares the theater room with the preschool!) and if I ever had to have a career this would certainly be it. I love being able to prepare and work AT HOME and only "work" about 6 hours a week (including prep time.) I also love that it's a creative outlet, it doesn't eat into family time, and the money isn't bad. And it's just so fun!

When I was a teenager, I used to do a free, fun preschool in the summer months for some of the neighbor kids and kids I babysat. It was just fun, but I never dreamed I'd be doing it in "real life" when I got older. I feel like this year I feel much more confident than I was last year and I'm just having fun with it - I have a really great class of 12 kids (6 girls and 6 boys.) I especially love having Kasidee with me, and I'll sure miss her next year when she goes to kindergarten.

But I just love preschool and had to share!! :)

No comments: