Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ode to My Dryer



Isn't it funny how we take something for granted until it's not there? Well, last week I became acutely aware of how much I appreciate my clothes dryer - and I will never take it for granted again!

Last week I had done 3 loads of laundry but since it was a preschool day I didn't have/take the time to fold/hang up/put away all of the clothes and towels and socks and underwear. Thinking that I would be able to fluff up the stuff and put it away later, I made a mountain of clean clothes in my laundry room. Later that afternoon when I went to do attack it and get it put away, my dryer wouldn't work. Wha---? I had just dried 3 loads and now it won't work?! Weird. So when Quentin got home, I asked him and he had fun taking it apart and checking it out. He wasn't sure what the problem was but said he'd look at it again over the weekend. This was on a Tuesday. What was I supposed to do with all of the clothes that were clean and dry, but horribly wrinkled because they had been squished in a big, mountainous pile? (P.S. I have a horrible secret - the only time I ever use my iron is do melt those perler bead crafts that my girls and every other kid in the neighborhood come over to do!) It's so much easier to just throw things in the dryer to "iron" them, even though it probably isn't the "greenest" option!

So... I tried my best to ignore the pile of clean clothes and to ignore the laundry basket of dirty clothes that began piling up. But - Saturday morning Quentin figured out the problem, got the 5 dollar part and fixed it. Easy-peasy. Quentin can fix just about anything - yay!

I got to work, and I swear I will never complain about doing laundry again. I'm so happy to have my dryer running again. I have tried in the past to hang things to dry, but they get as stiff as a board! My dryer just makes my life easier and...I (heart) my dryer!

No comments: