
Happy Valentine's Day! This is a card the girls made for Quentin - straws and spaghetti. Cute, huh?
My girls' personalities are so different, but it seems to be much more noticeable during holidays or other "major" events. Take Valentine's Day. Kiera secretly and quietly got all of her valentines ready about 2 weeks ago, even before she got her class list. She not only did the ones for her class and teacher, but she made special ones for her grandmas, church teachers (current and last year's), and other friends. She even made her valentine box all by herself. And this morning she got up early, put on the "Valentine outfit" she had chosen a few days ago, and wanted her hair curled.
On the other hand, every time I asked Makenna to do her valentines, she would say, "No, not right now. Maybe later." All weekend long, it was the same response. So finally yesterday I told her she needed to get them done for her class party today. Same response. Finally at about 8:00 I told her they needed to get done. Nothing. So I said, "I don't mind helping you, Makenna, but I don't think it's fair that I do all of your valentines by myself." Kasidee piped up and said, "I'll do them with you, Mommy, so you won't be all alone." Heart. Melt.
I should have just told Makenna that she could go to school with no valentines, but I know her pretty well and thought of a different trick. So...Kasidee and I began doing Makenna's valentines. I wrote the names, Kasidee picked out the candy to go inside, I folded them, and Kasidee put the stickers on to close them. After just a couple of minutes of doing this, I think Makenna got jealous or something and decided to join in and help. Finally.
Happy Valentine's Day!









1 comment:
Not fair . .. I have three Makennas. We were up until 10 doing Valentines and they were a sticker on a fruit roll that just said LUKE and ADAM. Adams valentnes box was a box with duct tape around it. :)
Post a Comment