
So...on Thanksgiving Day I noticed a little ladybug shell on Corbin and Nikki's driveway. I felt so sad for the poor little ladybug but continued to walk past it. Then I went back, stooped over and picked it up. I debated about showing it to Makenna, who loves animals and bugs. I thought she would think it's cool, but I worried that then she would be upset that it was dead. I picked it up and put it in a little container. Awhile later, I showed Makenna and we noticed that it was crawling around!! We ended up taking it home and researched how to take care of ladybugs. Since they eat mostly aphids (which I don't readily have a supply of in the wintertime!), we read that they can survive with a damp paper towel for water and a raisin for food. We put it in a container with a fake palm tree (Makenna's idea) and covered it with saran wrap and poked holes in it. And it has survived for 7 weeks (and counting!) under our care! The girls have fun with it, and we're looking forward to releasing it in the springtime!









No comments:
Post a Comment