Monday, January 24, 2011

How Lucky!


On Saturday as we were driving home after picking up the girls from their cousin's birthday party, Quentin and I said to each other, “Well, we’ve got the afternoon and evening free! What do we want to do?” And the girls all shouted, “Go swimming!” They have been wanting to go swimming for months, but for some reason I just hate public pools, especially in the winter. But Quentin said, “Why don’t I just take the girls, and you can have some free time at home?” I was dumbfounded. I wasn’t even stressed or in a bad mood for him to feel like he had to offer that! He said he was up for taking them swimming and told me I could have some peace and quiet at home to do whatever I wanted to do, as long as it wasn't cleaning or cooking or laundry (do I have the most thoughtful husband or what?!) Anyway, Quentin even took Kiera to Target before to get her a new swimming suit since hers was too small. They were gone for about 3 hours (!) and I had a nice, quiet time at home doing a little scrapbook prep! When everyone came home, they had baths/showers, we made pita pizzas for dinner and sat down to watch “Undercover Boss” that we had recorded, and the girls were all asleep within minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok. is that the most wonderful day or what?!! I am so jealous. Even more jealous that I know you are a clean and organized person so when you get that time to yourself you feel okay doing something else.
I seriously need help! I have GOT to learn to enjoy cleaning and getting organized. I feel like I can't do anything else because everythings always a mess. But there is nothing in me to get the mess cleaned up!
Anyway, thanks for listening. ;)